Jeremy's almost but not quite entirely moribund blog

Thursday, July 21, 2005

My Powershot A95 arrived!

My new Canon Powershot A95 digital camera arrived today! I've already filled and erased the bundled 32MB CF card three times. I'm pretty satisfied with the results. I wasn't at first, until I realized I was taking pictures in a poorly lit room. (Turning on the lights helped quite a bit.) Still, the pictures are a bit noisier than I'd like, but I suppose that's par for the course for a 5 megapixel consumer camera. At least there aren't any obvious artifacts caused by overzealous noise reduction algorithms.

Anyhow, I took some pictures of my son Joshua with both my old Samsung Digimax 130 and my new Canon. It's certainly not a fair comparison, but I have to justify my purchase somehow.


Samsung Digimax 130 - flash on



Samsung Digimax 130 - flash off



Canon Powershot A95 - flash on



Canon Powershot A95 - flash off




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home