Jeremy's almost but not quite entirely moribund blog

Saturday, July 22, 2006

No ketchup? What's become of me?


Chicken curry on brown rice
Originally uploaded by jpstanley.
I must be getting old.

A few weeks ago, I went to a Thai restaurant (Bangkok Grill at about 8th South and State in Orem) with some co-workers and I couldn't believe how good the pineapple curry was.

The next day, the wife and I dragged the kids to Carls Jr. for dinner. I used to live on that stuff when I was single... but now I find it just nasty. It's like eating cardboard dripping with ketchup and mayonnaise. McDonalds is similar... I just can't eat that stuff anymore.

I still visit Taco Bell altogether too often, however, so I'm not quite a geezer yet.

Anyhow, I'm writing all this because I'm still surprised that I'd cook, eat, and enjoy something that looks like this. It's exactly the sort of thing I'd politely eat two bites of as a teenager and then sneak off to Burger King. Oddly enough, the revelation that I really, really like red bell peppers came while I was eating lunch at Tucano's, one of those Brazilian grill places where they come around with skewers of bleeding cow flesh. I didn't find the various cuts of beef memorable, but the grilled peppers were great!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home